Music and Piano Teacher
Blanche Maddox is the first known music teacher at Milton High School. On December 21, 1921, she presented her first piano recital to the students and faculty, an event which became a yearly traditional at Milton High School until she left the school in 1963. Ms. Maddox started the first club at Milton in 1926. Known as the Music Club, students would meet weekly to discuss famous composers, listen to music, and perform for each other. Ms. Maddox is also credited for starting the boys Glee Club in 1927, which eventually led to the adoption of choral music as part of the school curriculum. The 1954 yearbook is dedicated to Ms. Maddox and her work for the students of Milton High School.